Thursday, November 15, 2012

On a workers wage...

faintly heartening BBC story doubtless there is some lurking evil somewhere, but a President prepared to stick by his principles (hardly a workers wage, since his wife has property, but still, sometimes the littlest steps make the biggest differences).
The president and his wife work the land themselves, growing flowers. This austere lifestyle - and the fact that Mujica donates about 90% of his monthly salary, equivalent to $12,000 (£7,500), to charity - has led him to be labelled the poorest president in the world.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Xara said...

Hey Red_Deathy,

I just wanted to drop by and say thanks. It was 17 or 18 years ago on the McSpotlight forums, I was a bit of an obnoxious, capitalist apologist 16 year old kid who worked at McD's and loved it at the time. Because of my sheltered upbringing, I really didn't know any better. You were the one who patiently and politely tried to explain to me how the world really works. You didn't call me "troll" (even though I was) and you debated me with civility.

Of course, my views have changed quite a bit since those days, and it would be safe to say that I'm definitely in your (the people's!) camp. You really did help to change my views. I don't even remember my McSpotlight user name, but I've always remembered yours. I will always appreciate the patience you showed that silly, arrogant kid.

Not sure if you're still around since you haven't posted here for a while, but thanks for planting the seeds of reason. It isn't always pointless to debate people on the internet, though we both know it usually is. I really do appreciate it.

Take care.

[cara]

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home